What Defines a Luxury RV Resort?
Luxury RV resorts are high-end camping destinations that offer premium amenities and services for travelers seeking a luxurious travel experience. These resorts typically feature spacious RV sites with full hookups, allowing travelers to enjoy home comforts while on the road. In addition to standard RV amenities, luxury RV resorts often include upscale features like heated swimming pools (even an indoor pool), spas, fitness centers, golf courses, hiking trails, skateboard and bike parks, pet parks, gourmet restaurants, and more. Many luxury RV resorts also offer organized activities and events, such as wine tastings, live entertainment, and outdoor excursions. These resorts are designed to provide an upscale and convenient vacation experience for those who enjoy the RV lifestyle but want to travel in comfort and style. They are often located in scenic areas, providing breathtaking views and easy access to nearby attractions and activities.
The Top 10 Best Luxury RV Resorts
Here are 10 RV resorts throughout the US that offer the types of amenities and experiences that define a luxury RV resort. Many options may be better suited to your unique tastes and needs, so this is certainly not an exhaustive list for all travelers. It's important to do proper due diligence by contacting the resort directly and asking specific questions to confirm the information they've provided online. Become informed about your visit and plans by checking out their current reviews to verify the quality of other visitors' experiences. Also, be sure to carefully consider the seasonal weather you'll likely experience based on the time of year to ensure it suits your expected travel time. As with all travel planning, conduct adequate research before purchasing to confirm that all financial arrangements are official.
Here are 10 regions with luxury resorts located in some of the most naturally-stunning and magnificent places in the US to get your search started.
1. Grand Canyon North Rim, AZ
Kaibab Camper Village -- At Jacob Lake, AZ, 928-643-7804
"Beautiful area, full service, and gracious hosts."
The best views of the Grand Canyon are from the North Rim, and the best viewpoints in the North Rim are all along the Cape Royal Scenic Road. The North Rim Grand Canyon is a less populated jewel featuring a pristine tall pine natural forest and abundant wildlife. Only 10% of the Grand Canyon’s 5 million annual visitors come to the North Rim. However, it is important to note that North Rim is at 8,000 feet elevation, which may cause difficulties for those with respiratory issues or other health problems.
2. Fort Myers, FL
RiverBend Motorcoach Resort -- Located 17 miles east of I-75 and Fort Myers at Exit 141, 863-674-0085
"Stunningly beautiful view, private and shady spot."
Amenities at RiverBend Motorcoach Resort include a large, heated pool with two spas located in a luxurious, tropical setting. The resort-style pool clubhouse has a full kitchen and dining room for guests’ use, as well as an outdoor grill and picnic area. A restaurant and full bar overlook the Caloosahatchee River at the River Clubhouse. The resort also features a fenced-in pet run, lighted Pickleball courts, shuffleboard courts, Bocce ball, and a putting green. There are also numerous luxury motorcoach resort options. If you fall in love with this region, you may be a candidate for a timeshare or outright purchase of an RV resort property. However, our advice is, "Try before you buy!"
3. Flathead Lake, MT
Flathead Valley's Premier RV Park -- On the southern shore of Flathead Lake, in the heart of Western Montana, in Polson, Lake County, MT, 406-883-6400
"It is a beautiful resort. Relaxing and well-maintained. We love it!"
Flathead Valley's Premier RV Park offers waterfront facilities, multiple beaches, and docks for all your favorite water sports. The park is accessible to all big rig pull-throughs, with full-service, level, 20-50 amp electrical hook-ups and laundry facilities. Flathead provides all the comforts of home with its high-speed internet and cable offerings. The site is also conveniently located only minutes away from other recreation activities, shopping, entertainment, and restaurants.
4. South Carolina Intercoastal Region, SC
Hilton Head National RV Resort -- Take I-95 to Highway 278 East, about 13 miles to Hilton Head, on 97 landscaped acres
"At check-in, we received swipe cards that give access to all of the amenities."
Hilton Head National RV Resort provides its campers with spectacular views of pristine fairways across a beautiful lagoon. An unparalleled array of features awaits here to make your visit exceptional — including miles of walking trails, a beach access pool with a lazy river, a grill serving southern favorites prepared by award-winning chefs, multiple lounges, a tiki bar, and an adults-only haven. Additional amenities include an arcade room, dog park, clubhouse, golf, playground, retail store, showers, adults-only area, large private pool, sun ledge for lounging, private cabana rentals, golf course views, fire pits at every site, indoor fireplace, cocktail bar, laundry room, wi-fi, cable with premium channels, and a hot tub. Each site sits along the water's edge providing stunning views for an unforgettable experience.
5. Texas Hill Country, TX
HTR TX Hill Country (formerly By The River RV Park & Campground), located in Kerrville, TX
"Gorgeous, peaceful campsites right on the river."
HTR TX Hill Country retains a peaceful and quiet atmosphere across 65 acres of nature trails, campgrounds, RV sites, vacation rental tiny homes for glampers, and picnic areas, all along the calming waters of the Guadalupe River. Experience the quiet, serene nature in the Texas Hill Country. Amenities include 24-hour passcode-protected bathhouses, a camp store, fire pits, free wifi, frisbee disc course, pet stations, rec room, swimming pool, tiny homes, and a volleyball court. The site provides direct access to Guadalupe River with experiences such as kayaking, kid's activities, paddle boarding, and tubing rentals available.
6. Key West, FL
Boyd's Key West Campground, nearing the end of US 1 on Stock Island at Mile Marker 5
"Was a great place to stay, staff very helpful, restroom and shower very well kept."
Southernmost hospitality is the feeling you'll get when entering Boyd’s Key West Campground. It's what keeps seasonal guests coming back year after year. Check-in and check-out of your daily worries at this gorgeous Florida Keys luxury RV resort and enjoy your personal camping oasis. Beautiful landscaping, bike/walk paths, boat ramp, coin-op laundry, fish cleaning station, large swimming pool, boating, boating nearby, fishing area, fishing pier, general store, mail center, pets welcome, picnic pavilion, pool table, restrooms/showers, security 24hrs, WiFi, game room, marina, with friendly staff to assist you to your campsite, are among the standout features found at Boyd's. If you're looking for a typical motorcoach with a country club-type twist, this is one to consider.
Bluewater Key RV Resort, Tucked away in a peaceful enclave halfway between Big Pine and Key West, FL
"Our second trip to this resort was as amazing as the first!"
Bluewater Key RV Resort is a destination for luxury RVers seeking a wondrous adventure with many resort amenities. Laced with tiki huts and surrounded by sparkling turquoise water, this freeing escape brings you up close & personal with the vibrant Florida Keys tropics. This is by no means a reach-out-and-touch-your-neighbor-sized park, just privacy, peace, and the revitalizing perks of island living. Slow down, and stretch out in your own private tiki hut. If you're looking for warm, top luxury RV resorts and destinations, then Florida has to be at the top of your list.
7. The Ozark Mountains, AR
Ozarks Luxury RV Resort is nestled in the Ozarks on the shores of Table Rock Lake in Carroll County, AR.
"A wonderful, relaxing place for all the family"
The Ozarks Luxury RV Resort is arguably the most luxurious and beautiful RV resort in the Branson area, with 164 beautifully landscaped lots, many of which are waterfront with public and private docks. Relax, sit back, and enjoy amenities like pools, hot tubs, lighted tennis and pickle ball courts, disc golf, and a nearby full-service marina, or relax and enjoy the majestic beauty of one of the most picturesque RV resorts in all the Midwest. Situated on 95 acres of concrete pads with full hookups with 30/50 amp service. The sites are professionally landscaped and feature views of the lake, waterfalls, and Golf Course. Choose from pull-in or back-in waterfront sites where the lake view can be seen from your windows. Children and pets are welcome.
8. Eastern Tennessee Serenity, TN
Two Rivers Landing RV Resort, along the banks of the beautiful French Broad River, located in the peaceful green valley of Sevierville, TN, minutes from the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, Gatlinburg, and Pigeon Forge, 865-429-9666
"Beautiful setting, nice level sites, very clean facilities, great staff!"
Two Rivers Landing RV Resort is a boutique RV resort with 25 riverfront and 30 river view sites. Several Tennessee luxury RV parks have earned a perfect Good Sam score with such amenities as riverfront sites, clubhouses, pools, and tile bathrooms.
9. Palm Springs, CA
Outdoor Resort Palm Springs, located in Cathedral City, CA, on US 10, Bob Hope/Ramon Road exit head south, (800) 843-3131
"We call it our 'little bit of heaven. We are always eager to get back and reconnect."
This premier RV resort and country club in the Palm Springs area features 1,213 sites metered with 50-amp hookup RV sites that offer electric service, water, sewer, and cable services. The resort sits on 137 beautifully landscaped acres of upscale amenities such as 27 holes of executive golf, golf cart rentals, 10 tennis courts, 13 pickleball courts, 8 swimming pools, a dog park with separated areas for large and small dogs, a fully equipped fitness center, a beauty salon/barbershop, full-service restaurant, convenience store, two clubhouses and more. This is a community of privately owned RV sites, with some available for lease when not occupied. Palm Springs and its upscale neighbors, Palm Desert and La Quinta, are your welcome matte to top-rated entertainment, spa facilities, and exclusive RV resort amenities reserved for a five-star resort.
10. Newport/SoCal Beach, CA
Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort & Marina, beachfront RV sites along a mile-long lagoon and nature reserve, located 0.5 miles from the Pacific Coast Highway and 4 miles from Pacific Ocean beaches, 949-729-3863
"We keep coming back because of the great location."
Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort is a perfect example of a "California kickback." It's truly a laid-back, luxe RV camping experience in the heart of scenic Newport Beach. In addition to their relaxed, rustic RV resort offerings, they have 1-bedroom cottages with full kitchens and loft bedrooms. There's a bistro restaurant, outdoor pool, fitness center, game room, convenience store, laundry, free Wi-Fi, paid parking, ADA-accessible outdoor pool, and a business center.
As mentioned earlier, this is not a comprehensive list -- it's just a start -- because there are dozens of other regions throughout the US that offer hundreds of luxury RV resort options for a perfect family or intimate RV vacation. Whether you want to be where the action is or seek a private beach, it's all out there!
Then, there's the magnetic allure of the US National Parks. Many of the best luxury RV parks are located at the gateway to these national treasures, such as Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah, and Glacier National Park in Montana. Luxury RV resorts and luxury campgrounds abound.
Luxury RV Resorts FAQ
Luxury RV resorts offer unlimited access options to adventure, comfort, and relaxation. The following FAQ is a sampling of the most common questions you should ask yourself before venturing into the Great Outdoors in style!
What is the easiest way to find a nearby luxury RV park?
Here are six tips for finding a nearby luxury RV park:
- Use online search engines: Start with the most popular search engines like Google or Bing. Enter keywords such as "luxury RV park" or "luxury RV resort," followed by the name of your location or the area you're interested in. For example, "luxury RV parks near San Diego, CA."
- Utilize RV park directories: Several online directories are dedicated to RV parks and campgrounds. Websites like Good Sam Club, RV Parky, and Campendium allow you to search for luxury RV parks based on location. These directories provide detailed information, user reviews, amenities, and contact details for each park.
- RV camping apps: Many mobile apps are specifically designed for RV camping. Apps like RV Parky, Allstays Camp & RV, and RV Parks & Campgrounds offer extensive databases of RV parks, including luxury options. These apps usually provide filters to refine your search based on location, amenities, ratings, and reviews.
- Check travel websites: Popular travel websites like TripAdvisor, Expedia, or Booking.com often have a section dedicated to RV parks and campgrounds. You can search for luxury options in your desired location, read reviews, and even make reservations through these platforms.
- Visit RV forums and communities: Online RV forums and communities, such as iRV2 or RV.net, are excellent resources for gathering information about RV parks. These platforms have knowledgeable members who can provide recommendations based on personal experiences.
- Reach out to local RV clubs or associations: Contact local RV clubs, associations, or even luxury RV dealerships in your area. They may have insider knowledge or recommendations for luxury RV parks nearby.
Remember to review the amenities, services, rates, and customer reviews to ensure the luxury RV park meets your specific preferences and needs.
What's the difference between a luxury RV resort and a standard RV park?
A luxury RV resort and a standard RV park both provide spaces for RVs to park and stay overnight for a short or extended period; however, there are several key differences between the two in terms of amenities, services, and overall experience. Here are some common distinctions:
- Amenities and Facilities: Luxury RV resorts typically offer a wider range of high-end amenities and facilities that go beyond the basic services provided by standard RV parks. These can include a resort-style swimming pool and hot tub, fitness center, spa services, golf courses, tennis courts, restaurants, bars, entertainment venues, and more. On the other hand, standard RV parks may offer fewer amenities and focus more on providing basic necessities like electrical hookups, water connections, and sewage disposal.
- Site Quality and Size: Luxury RV resorts often provide spacious and well-maintained sites that offer more privacy and comfort. These sites may have concrete pads, landscaped surroundings, picnic tables, fire pits, and even private patios. In contrast, standard RV parks may have smaller, more closely spaced sites with gravel or grass surfaces, providing a simpler camping experience.
- Scenic Locations: Luxury RV resorts tend to be situated in picturesque settings such as coastal areas, mountains, or scenic countryside. They often offer breathtaking views and access to natural attractions. Standard RV parks can be located in various environments, including urban areas or alongside highways, but they may not necessarily emphasize scenic beauty.
- Additional Services: Luxury RV resorts may provide additional services like concierge assistance, organized activities and events, shuttle services to nearby attractions, pet grooming facilities, on-site convenience stores, and much more. Standard RV parks generally focus on providing essential services without as much emphasis on additional amenities and conveniences.
- Pricing: Due to the enhanced amenities and services, luxury RV resorts are typically more expensive than standard RV parks. The cost of staying at a luxury RV resort can vary significantly depending on the location, season, and duration of the stay. Standard RV parks usually offer more affordable rates and are suitable for travelers seeking a budget-friendly option.
Overall, the main difference between a luxury RV resort and a standard RV park lies in the level of amenities, site quality, and additional services provided. Luxury RV resorts offer a more upscale and luxurious experience, while standard RV parks cater to those who prefer a simpler and more economical RV camping experience.
Read the following for information on destination travel trailers: 10 TIPS FOR BUYING THE BEST DESTINATION TRAVEL TRAILERS